Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A little Ways to Go For Jr Gong-Nas project

Nas & Damian Marley's Distant Relatives project was initially due on April 20. However, now fans are likely to wait until May 25 to hear the full-length union between Bob Marley's youngest son and the iconic Queensbridge emcee. At last report, Marley said that the album would feature two tracks with A&M Records' K'Naan, with the album's entire production handled by Damian and Stephen Marley.

In December, Nas spoke about the album's affect on his rich musical legacy. "I can't say how it's gonna affect my musical legacy. I just think that with everything I do, I want it to mean something. Like [Tony Montana] said, 'I tell the truth, even when I lie.' What he was sayin' is, he never lies. He's honest, even when he makes mistakes or misjudgments, he did it in truth. Everything I'm doing is because I feel right about it. The benefit of it [is] we contributed something to the world. Something like this...I don't know who's gonna like it, who's gonna hate it or whatever, but it's another contribution to the world. One more thing to just listen to,"

-Hiphopdx via Headline Entertainment

No comments: